I honestly didn’t think my blankets would get so many positive responses. But thank you all for your kind words and encouragement! The story behind these blankets started off with us wanting to find a blanket for K and we realized it was actually pretty difficult to find a nice one for kids! We didn’t think we were looking out for so many criteria all at once until we set out on our quest. It had to be:
– pretty and pink. Because K will not use anything that is not pretty in pink.
– In some characters that she liked – i.e Ariel the Little Mermaid, sometimes Sophia, it used to be Dora a lot more last time but she’s changed her mind, no longer Elsa. Elsa was so last year. So it was always changing and I couldn’t get one in the character du jour. In pink and pretty.
– It mustn’t be too warm because her metabolism is so high, she actually perspires when she sleeps.
– Not a quilt bed set because she doesn’t actually have a bed and I don’t want to get an entire set that we weren’t going to use. The quilts are usually quite thick and warm too.
– Not those flannel kinds you see they sell at pushcarts. Since it’s for kids and they use it for more 1/3 of the day, I’d like to use some good and safe materials that I know are good and safe.
So yup. A.Lot.of.Criteria and I’ve been putting it off. Then LimpehZ casually said one day, “YOU really need to make her one.” Oh really? I REALLY need to make her one? Yeah.. okay, that seemed like fun so we went to Chinatown (my all time favourite hangout now – Oh No… a sure sign of Auntiedom) to get the materials. After paying the bill, I realized it amounted to far more than just buying that cheap flannel downstairs. Plus, I haven’t even put in the time and effort yet! Heniways… armed with a lot of cloth and a lot of excitement, I got working on it – Z’s first then later on, K’s. Finally after many hours of work, I got a finished product that I was mighty pleased with! And of course, I just had to personalize their blankets with their names and wow… they were so so happy with them! It’s really nice to see the kids wrapping their blankets around themselves at various times of the day, like a cape. I figure it must be really comfortable. There was even 1 night when Z was fussing, refusing to sleep. Only upon making him cry (yes. I’m a terrible person who makes my son cry, almost everyday because only after closing his eyes and crying, then he realizes he’s tired and will guai guai settle in and sleep), he wrapped himself in his blanket and promptly fell asleep. Wow! I’m impressed with my own blanket, if I may say so myself. It must be magic, I’d say!! 😛
These are the magic materials I use:
– 100% cotton top layer (choose the print that you know your child will love to hold and be held in)
– 100% natural cotton batting
– Organic cotton or Minky (my personal preference is the former because it’s safer, softer and cool to the touch, which is great for Singapore’s weather. Minky is still nice and gives a plush, luxurious, velvety feel, generally recommended for older kids.)
I would love to construct a personalized blanket for your child in the fabric that he/she will adore. It will be a great gift for a newborn all the way to toddlerhood and beyond as he/she will grow up having a cherished, snuggly comfort item for security.
Baby Blankie (0-3 years) – 35″ x 30” (77.2 cm x 88.9 cm) –> $64.90
Preschooler’s Coverlet (3-6 years) – 45” x 36” (114.3 cm x 91.4 cm) –> S$89.90
How to customize your order:
- Choose fabric at www.facebook.com/kaynzac –> Photos –> Personalized Blankets
- Choose your font.
- Send me a private message and let me know:
– Font (Curly / Block)
– Name to be sewn on the blanket